ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PROGRAMS
Food Protection Program
- Plan review.
- Issue licenses.
- Inspection and investigation of food,
- Provide training for food service personnel.
Licensing and inspection of hotels and motels.
Inspect and investigate public swimming pools and spas.
Tanning Salons, Tattoo Establishments
Inspection and investigation of tanning operations,
funeral homes, and tattoo establishments.
Private On-Site Waste Treatment Systems
- Plan review and site approval.
- Issue permits.
- Inspection of new and reconstructed systems.
- Investigate complaints.
Private Water Wells
- Plan review and site approval
- Inspection of new and reconstructed wells
- Administer the following IDNR grants:
- Test well water for coliform bacteria and nitrates
- Offer financial assistance to public or rehabilitate private
Financial help also available for well closure, these programs
are under grants to counties from the Iowa Dept. of Public Health