Davis County Highway Department
Destination Signing Policy
Effective Upon Approval by Davis County Board of Supervisors
Whereas, Davis County Wishes to Control Destination Signing, to Keep Uniformity and Compliance Across the County, the Following Criteria Shall Be Met for all Destination Signing.
1. All signing will be in accordance with Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) for materials, colors, elevation, sight distance and maintenance concerns. The County, in accordance with the MUTCD manual, will determine the location of all signs.
2. Signs placed only at the point the traveling public leaves the paved roadway. No signage will be placed along gravel or dirt roads.
3. Signs placed only for year-round business. No seasonal signs placed. No temporary signs will be placed.
4. No signs will be lighted. All signs will be reflective sheeting in accordance with the MUTCD.
5. No Private/unofficial signs are to be placed on the public right-of-way of any road. All private signs are to be placed on private property or along right-of-way lines. The County will remove any unofficial signs on the public right-of-way.
6. Recipient to pay for signs, posts and $20 site visit for original installation of each sign. The County will provide a written cost summary to the Recipient of the sign before proceeding with installation process.
7. Recipient to pay for repairs/replacements due to vandalism, normal wear or accidents. Cost of said repairs will be cost of materials plus $20/site visited. The County holds the sole responsibility to determine sign replacement due to wear or damage.
8. The County will be responsible only for replacement if the damage is done by County equipment.
9. No repairs will be made to signs outside normal working hours.
10. No signs will be ordered, placed or repaired until full payment is received at the County Engineer’s Office. Upon receipt of payment, the County will order approved signs and materials, mark exact location of sign installation, obtain utility locates by use of the Iowa One Call system and perform the sign installation.
Now therefore be it resolved that:
All Destination Signing within the control of Davis County shall meet the requirements set forth herein.
Passed this 27th day of January, 2003
Davis County Board of Supervisors
Max Leyda, Chairman
Steve Evans, Vice Chair
Max Proctor, Member
Davis County Auditor
Goldie Rysdam, Auditor